- The Listening Machine - an NSF funded project into techniques for separating and recognizing sounds in mixtures
- Consumer video classification by soundtrack - using features from the soundtrack of environmental-type recordings for classification
- Data-driven Music Understanding - an NSF funded project into mining for structure in music audio
- Separating Speech from Speech Noise - an NSF funded project into signal separation aimed specifically at speech
- Chord recognition - including our submission to the 2008 MIREX Chord Recognition evaluation.
- Music similarity - including a database of popular music along with a collection of subjective similarity measurements for the artists involved.
- Music melody extraction - including example data for training and evaluating systems for extracting melody from ensemble music recordings.
- Polyphonic piano transcription - including example data for training and evaluating piano transcription systems.
- Personal Audio Life Logs - our project investigating the use of continuous audio recordings of daily life.
- Speech recognition in noisy, overlapped conditions
- Music analysis to recover structure, and to navigate archives
- Beat tracking and tempo estimation - a simple dynamic programming approach to finding the regularly-spaced events in music audio.
- Cover song identification - specifically focused on identifying common melodic-harmonic structure between different songs.
- Artist ID by Timbre and Chroma - a simple introduction to statistical modeling of music audio for classification.
- artist20 dataset and baseline system for Artist ID - a dataset of 20 artists (1413 tracks) plus a baseline artist identification system
- Marine mammal sounds separating, identifying, and recognizing whale and dolphin vocalizations
- Pitch contour stylization using drastically simplified pitch contours with almost no effect on perceived naturalness.
- MESSL - a system for separating and localizing mulitple sound sources even in reverberation.
- snreval - implementations of a collection of signal distortion measures for characterizing corrupted speech.
- renoiser - tool to decompose a noisy speech file in to filtered speech component and noise, and to recombine at new SNR.
- skewview - tool to visualize timing skew between different audio files via short-time cross-correlation.
- chimefind - tool to locate "chime" sounds in long soundfiles.
- findNTs - tool to label "non transmission" (NT) regions in recorded radio signals.
- otanalyze - a cut-down version of renoiser that can decompose "over the air" recordings into a filtered version of a clean signal and a noise residual.
- SAcC - Noise-robust pitch detection based on trained classification of subband autocorrelation principal components.
Last updated: $Date: 2008/05/13 19:00:49 $
Dan Ellis <email@example.com>